Sunday, August 9, 2009

First song of the "Classic Reggae Riddims Orcastrated"-Projekts is ready!

Well, this is how it is allways with me: You read nothing from me for several weeks, dust blows through the blog, the community is waiting in vain for a sign of life and then again I publish something all the time. If something is less predictable than the weather, it is my actions. That may be a problem for those who are tuned on simple and predictable minds, but I don't care. I am that I am.

The song was published today, confirms the facts written about above 100%. Who except me would have come up with the idea to reinterpret old reggae arrangements in orchestra style? ;) Well, I recently had this idea and extensively explained it in various forums. This brought me into the situation that I MUST complete that project now. Just too many negative minded folks would use it as a weapon agains me, if I would fail at this project.

Many times while working at the songs for the project, I must admit, I thought "Oh, if you just kept your mouth shut". Because, as I found out, I put a serious load of work on my agenda with this. Why?Well, how do I describe it avoiding the reggae community wants to roast me for this? *LOL* Well, let's say it this way: Reggae is not very well known for extensive melodic arrangements, but rather for catchy melodies and basslines. But orchestral music LIVES of extensive melodies and arrangements. How the hell do you get that together? You have plenty of work keep the typical Reggaegroove and -elements, and at the same time ,avoid to let the orchestra repeat the same phrases all the time like a longtime politician. ;) If the orchestra plays a 100% unchanged copy of the reggae riddim it is less then 1 1/2 minute musical entertainmen, not to mention a musical experience.

Somehow I've managed it and I think I have found out which is the way to go. Not that it will be really easier in the future, but at least I know now what the main aspects are that need to be considered. And now you want to listen to the music for sure. Here we go. Here is the first work of the series "Classic Reggae Riddims Orcastrated". It is a version of the "Answers Riddim":

No comments:

Post a Comment