Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lotsa News

Maybe it is because of the great weather and the fact that I prefer outdoor activities recently over posting news in blogs. Yes, I have been some kind of lazy recently at updating the blog(s). Well, but that's all not that bad because I can allways catch up on it. Ok, so what did happen? Let's start with the most recent event. Do you remember my collaboration with Colin Mutchler?
Back then, I think it was in 2004 or 2005, I produced two songs with lyrics and vocals by Colin. For those of you who missed them back then, here they are:
Well, recently, because of Twitter, I got in touch with Colin again and I thought it would be a good idea to work with Colin again. So I searched at CCMixter, just like in those good old days, and found an accapella on which I had a try allready, but failed back then to get something done with it. This time everything went just great, because now I have one version ready and 2 to 3 in progress. The version I finnished yesterday is a Euro Techno Pop Version. You can listen and/or download it right here:
If this is too pop-like or techno -> keep cool: I have one reggaeversion and one version in the style of "The Pogues" in progress. Most probably there will also be a orchestral version. So far for the work with Colin.

Since I last updated this blog, there have been 2 more songs released. First there is the song I finnished on my 41st birthday, with the title "Gettin' old". It is a production in the style of "Forest" and Flowers:
and then I released the second chapter of the legendary "The Knights of Dubwood Castle". The first chapter was allready a bit orchestral, but the sequel takes it to the max. Again it is orchestral reggae crossover:
  • The Knights of Dubwood Castle - Chapter II LISTEN
  • The Knights of Dubwood Castle - Chapter II DOWNLOAD
While we are at the topic of orchestral reggae, I like to announce a new album project which you maybe do not know about. The workingtitle is "Classic Riddims Orcastrated". The idea is, to release an album featuring 13 of the most popular reggae riddims in orchestral style. The first song most probably will be based on the "Answers Riddim". I allmost finnished it yesterday, but it still needs some polishing.

So this was the news I think. I ommit all promises regarding poting more often at the blog(s). You know where it leads to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment